Thursday, May 20, 2010

Hell.

So, I was exhausted from the packing last night, so have some final packing things to achieve this morning. (By the way, after two glasses of wine I switched back to diet coke and actually accomplished a great deal. That's why there were no further posts last night - I packed and then I collapsed.) The movers won't be here for a minimum of 4 hours, so the situation is not at all dire, but I do need to get my ass in gear.

Left to do:

  1. Finish packing kitchen.
  2. Finish packing remainder of bedroom (like 2 boxes).
  3. Move shelves and desk from 2nd bedroom into living room, so that second bedroom can become the land of kittens and things that will go to Salvation Army, as well as of things that I'll discard after the move (I decided that the house was not on fire to take all of my old notebooks from grad school and before to the dumpster before the movers came).
Surely 4 hours is enough time in which to get those things done. Surely.

(All I want to do is to go back to bed.)

3 comments:

Janice said...

It's almost three years since we moved into this house and I'm almost over the trauma of packing (and unpacking!) for the last move.

Definitely treat yourself to something nice (like a comfy chair paired with a side table on which to rest a pitcher of lemonade to be sipped on your new front porch!) when you are done. And may you never HAVE to move again.

Belle said...

So by Monday you'll be completely out of the old apartment? This is great. Then you can take a day and sit in various places, eat ice cream (you've burned all those calories packing), drink good stuff... almost there!

PhysioProf said...

By the way, after two glasses of wine I switched back to diet coke and actually accomplished a great deal.

One word: Irish Motherfucking Coffee.