Saturday, April 15, 2006

On Virtue, Sunshine, and Boy-Craziness

In other words, a hodge-podge of a post.

It is a gorgeous 80-degree day with puffy clouds and a blue sky. How can one do work on such a day? Well, let me tell you: you put work in your bag and you go to your favorite coffee shop (which just so happens to be like 20 minutes away, and so you get to drive blasting Blondie with all of your windows and the sun roof open) with a happy little courtyard with trees and places to sit, and you hang out in a spot of sunshine with your iPod on and you get a) 24 papers graded b) things for the issue you're editing read and responded to and c) editing of your own thing for the issue begun.

Well, that took care of the virtue and the sunshine. And then I emailed a student and then I received an email from The Greek. I decided I liked him enough to suggest phone-talking. No need to drag this out any more, I say. And I also found out that he has a doggy. The Man-Puppy weighs slightly less than my Man-Kitty. In a battle between the Man-Kitty and the Man- Puppy*, who do you think would be victorious?

*Note: Puppy pictured is not, in fact, the Man-Puppy. It is an actor named Pip who agreed to pose as the Man-Puppy for the purposes of this post.

12 comments:

Dr. Medusa said...

Man-Kitty will likely think Man-Puppy is the most awesome squeaky toy he has ever seen.

Pink Cupcake said...

LOL at Pip, the actor, standing in for the Man-Puppy!

And, Man-Kitty would totally kick Man-Puppy's butt big time. ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh, it's like celebrity death match! Fight fight fight!

negativecapability said...

Or maybe they'll just lay around and compete for the coveted furriest exposed belly title...

Seeking Solace said...

I am rooting for the kitty because that is not a "puppy". Rather it is a small rodent. If you are going to have a dog, get a DOG!

Go Man-Kitty!

Terminal Degree said...

Man-Kitty could eat Boy-Puppy for breakfast! :)

(My big furry creature, Magical Cat, could do the same...)

But they are both SOOOO cute!

Jesse said...

Seeing as I witnessed our cat destroy a boxer (then destroy me, yeah for cat bite stiches!) I will always put my money on an angry cat.

Leslie M-B said...

My parents' 9-lb kitty, Darth, likes to attack 100-lb dogs, so my money's on Man-Kitty. He could certainly eat and poop out the puntable pup.

Will this be a cage fight or a pit match? I'm off to call my bookie. . .

Chaser said...

Man puppy is darling. Don't judge books or dogs by the their covers. There's way too much shallow nonsense where people pressure others into getting supposedly "real" dogs--the whole "I'm a big person because I have a big dog" attitude is just as much about using a dog as an accessory as sticking one with a bow on his head in a $400 purse. I have to say I am kind of intrigued by a guy who is secure enough to deal with people passing judgement on him for having a small dog--suggests he thinks for himself.

My Gran had a Pom (Pip's breed) that she adored and kept her company until she was 96--bless the little guy. He was great company for her and she enjoyed him no end, and I enjoyed having him around after she died.

So don't let Man-Kitty beat up on Man-Puppy too much. Like the other comments, my cat is an equal opportunity bad-ass and is basically mean to all-sized dogs, cats, and children who believe he must be poked or pulled in some way.

Frozen Molasses said...

oooooh Pip is so cute.
Man-kitty will definitely win! LOL But it will probably be fun to watch.

krisluvswool said...

My kitty-- who looks a lot like your kitty, but with short hair-- weighs almost the exact same as my mom's jack russell (~18 lbs). They got along really well after a few days; they chased each other all over the house and teased each other relentlessly. By the end of the visit, it was almost sad seperating them-- except that almost all of the plants in my mom's house had been turned over at least once!

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

Man-kitty all the way... he has smarts and probably claws...

He also has an evil glint in his eyes like most good cats. If the dog gets out of line, Man-kitty will take care of it in short order.