Monday, April 24, 2006

At the End of the LONGEST Day Ever, Some Thoughts

  1. One of the reasons (aside from the binge reading) that I was up so late last night is because the Horny Neighbors were at it again. I think the problem is that they don't realize that not only does an open window let IN air it lets OUT sound. (The banging is bad enough, but I am EMBARRASSED by the other noises that I hear.) My response was to put on music to drown out the noise and to read to drown the fact that the only sex noises I've heard in this calendar year have had absolutely nothing to do with me (at least as far as I'm aware). I fear I may be doomed to a life of living in a retarded apartment in which I live a life of virtue and celibacy but in which I must listen to the raucous sex-capades of others. Woe is Dr. Crazy.
  2. I heard back from Friend-who-lives-in-England and it looks like I'm going to try to do the impossible and spend four or five days in England after my week in Budapest. Yeehaw! Of course, I'm kind of second-guessing trying to go see this friend, for a number of reasons, including that desperation can do funny things when one visits a friend in a foreign country with whom one has in the past had... relations.... Not that there's anything wrong with relations, but they do tend (or at least have in the past) to make my friendship with this friend go a little bit screwy (no pun intended).
  3. Related to #2, I really think that I'd make a fantastic travel agent.
  4. I think I'm going to go on the market again this fall if there's anything that looks mildly promising. I was talking to my mom last night, and I think I realized that as much as I do like my job and I do like my location, that both of those things are not all I want in my life as a whole and that this place might be, in the words of this guy's character in Swingers, "dead, man." At least for me. Going on the market sucks balls.
  5. You know what else sucks balls? Online dating. It's just so lame, particularly when the weather gets springy. I'm so ready for my 3-month run at this to be o-v-e-r in a couple of weeks.

On that note, I'm going to drink some wine, pet my Man-Kitty - even though he doesn't deserve it at ALL given the fact that he keeps doing weirdo things to wake me up pre-5AM - and maybe do some research-reading-notetaking stuff while watching bad TV.

2 comments:

Piss Poor Prof said...

Sex-loud neighbors should be treated just like thumping bass neighbors...tell 'em to pipe down. You pay rent as well, and if they can't abide their rompings with a closed window, then the problem is theirs.

Mid-coitus interruptus would do wonders...knock, knock...

Dr. Crazy said...

Dr. V - you cracked me up, too, so I think I'm similarly lame :)

PPP - Too true, though I already broached the subject with them a couple of months ago. This morning when I was awakened by the dude's clock radio - which apparently did not wake him up - I slammed down the window and stomped on the floor, which did seem to work, and perhaps he will (though I doubt it) put two and two together. Otherwise, I'm done trying to deal with the neighbor (whose girlfriend marched up to me to confront me/deny her moans and groans and the banging) the last time - I'm going straight to the landlord. This is ridiculous.