Tuesday, August 14, 2007

'Twas the Night Before Crazy's Birthday...

So tonight BFF took me out for the "Birthday Kick-Off Dinner" and it was excellent and good fun and just fabulous. Can I just say how happy I am to have BFF here and that she's my friend? And she had a really shitty day today, so I'm even more appreciative of how awesome she was to me in celebration of the Jesus Birthday. Incidentally, she got me a GREAT card. It a) recognizes the Jesus Birthday as one of Great Religious Significance AND b) invokes my love of all things Celebrity, including the Religions of Celebrities. On top of the card it says "The Church of Briantology" and on the bottom of the front it says, "Not totally satisfied with any of the world's religions, Brian decided to go out on his own." Inside, it reads: "May Brian bless you on your birthday and always." Teehee! I also got a great card from Jezebel yesterday. The picture has a girl at a bar, with a word bubble in which she says "Hola, Waiter! Uno more margarita, por favor!" Below, it reads, "For whatever reason, Carol always thinks she's "bilingual" when she's hammered." Inside, "Hope your birthday is muy bueno." I love my friends. I have great fucking friends.

So I don't have any big plans for this, the Jesus Birthday. I'll go to the salon, I'll (annoyingly) go to campus to drop some shit off that I couldn't deposit today, and other than that, I am FREE! FREE as a bird! I shall do whatever I decide whimsically to do. I think that's a GRAND way to spend the day. What's insane is that I'm really in the mood to work on the book. But you know, I think I probably will resist the impulse to follow that particular whim. It's my birthday for Brian's sake!

17 comments:

timna said...

Happy happy day!

Sisyphus said...

Happy Birthday! May Brian bless you with all sorts of wonders.

Margaret said...

haooy jesus birthday, Crazy!

exwool said...

Happy Birthday!

Tiruncula said...

Happy birthday! Yay for mid-August birthdays :)

Fifi Bluestocking said...

Happy Jesus birthday! May you have tons of fun, whatever you decide to do.

Earnest English said...

Happy Jesus birthday! If your year is anything like my year was, weird important things will come find you. You just have to be open. Being open and spending the day as the mood takes you is a great way to start off this year!

Marcelle Proust said...

Bonne anniversaire!

life_of_a_fool said...

happy birthday!

~profgrrrrl~ said...

Oh happy day ... I'll have a glass of wine and toast you tonight!

BrightStar (B*) said...

Happy birthday!

jo(e) said...

Happy, happy birthday!

Scrivener said...

Happy birthday!

Maude said...

happy (now belated) birthday!!

since it's your jesus birthday, you have to perform miracles this year. on the other hand, if you make it through the year without getting crucified (literally and metaphorically), this time next year, you can say you outlived him.

AAYOR said...

What the hell is a jesus birthday?


Hope it was great!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday!!!

Lesboprof said...

Happy birthday! Glad you had fun and hope it continues...