Friday, August 17, 2007

Stuff

First of all, thanks everybody for the happy birthday wishes! All in all it was a fine 33rd birthday, including many phone calls from all my peeps, cards, presents, revelry, just all the things that any good birthday should include. There was only one little negative spot in the birthday wishes - one person who just totally botched the enthusiastic celebration of me that my birthday should be, but you know, in the grand scheme of life, this is not ultimately that big of a deal. (And yes, I really do know that, even though on the day I responded in a much less laid back way.)

But so yes, there's that. In other news, I have just 2 1/2 days more of freedom, as classes start on Monday, and so as I'm always to do things at the last minute in a kind of massive effort of denial, I've got plans to go out tonight with Naomi, and that will be awesome.

Until then, I think I'll clean up around the house and relax, and then tomorrow and Sunday I shall get myself mentally and emotionally ready for the start of the semester.

So that's the story in the aftermath of the big birthday. Thanks again for the happy birthday wishes!

4 comments:

Hilaire said...

Extremely belated birthday wishes!! (I kept forgetting to comment.)

phd me said...

Oh, I'm so late but happy birthday anyway! Glad it was a good one - nice way to set up the semester, don't you think?

Doctor Pion said...

Happy Birthday!

Even if it is belated, I know a Leo can never get enough birthday wishes. I'm married to one. ;-)

Did you suffer as a child having a birthday before the school year started? Or was it the big end of vacation celebration?

litprof said...

Happy belated birthday.