Tuesday, April 07, 2009

My Students Rule

Now is the time for presentations of student research, and this year a number of my students participated. They did so, so well. Indeed, my chair and other colleagues noted that really the work that they are doing is more on the level of grad work than undergrad - better than much of what gets presented at professional conferences. And sure, you see my influence, but they're exploring their own questions, and they're having ideas that are original.

The work is all theirs. They deserve the total credit for that. But man, am I proud of them. And of myself for helping them to have the ideas that they want to have.

1 comment:

GP said...

Smiling ear-to-ear for you, Crazy -- it's such a great feeling to see your students kick massive ass! :-) Also, apologies if any of my comments on earlier threads seemed overly flippant; in case it wasn't clear, you have my deepest sympathies for the passing of your father. You're doing so well; I hope you have as much peace as you exude!