I am also, apparently, serving on yet another ad hoc committee (sigh) and I have talked to my department chair and other necessary folks about the fact that I've agreed to host and organize that conference (for I am heroic and a great builder of community). From this point forward, I shall refer to the conference as OCC. I will talk about it in boring and vague ways until it is 2011, when the conference will occur.
I'm so tired. So, so tired. And I arrived home to all of these messages where people didn't believe I wasn't home - they thought I was just ignoring them. Which I think means that my friends think I'm a) mean and b) kind of a loser because, they assume, I'm always home. Actually, I am regularly home a lot, but seriously! Even I go out into the world!
So. On the agenda this weekend:
- Finish reading book.
- Write review of book.
- Make plans for R&R and work on at least the cosmetic revisions if nothing else.
- Send 473 emails.
- Write document for department meeting.
- Consider quitting job and moving to Guatemala or similar.
- Read for next week.
- Call BD.
- Make some kind of food for department function.
- Attend department function.
- Wonder whether I'll ever get time to just lay around.
- Proceed to lay around instead of doing more things on to-do list.
- Revise review and send it to the editor.
- Pet kitties.