Thursday, January 22, 2009

Oh God, I Am Tired

I had a 14 hour day today. That's right. 14 hours from the time I left my house to the time I got home. I am exhausted.

I am also, apparently, serving on yet another ad hoc committee (sigh) and I have talked to my department chair and other necessary folks about the fact that I've agreed to host and organize that conference (for I am heroic and a great builder of community). From this point forward, I shall refer to the conference as OCC. I will talk about it in boring and vague ways until it is 2011, when the conference will occur.

I'm so tired. So, so tired. And I arrived home to all of these messages where people didn't believe I wasn't home - they thought I was just ignoring them. Which I think means that my friends think I'm a) mean and b) kind of a loser because, they assume, I'm always home. Actually, I am regularly home a lot, but seriously! Even I go out into the world!

So. On the agenda this weekend:

  1. Finish reading book.
  2. Write review of book.
  3. Make plans for R&R and work on at least the cosmetic revisions if nothing else.
  4. Send 473 emails.
  5. Write document for department meeting.
  6. Consider quitting job and moving to Guatemala or similar.
  7. Read for next week.
  8. Call BD.
  9. Make some kind of food for department function.
  10. Attend department function.
  11. Wonder whether I'll ever get time to just lay around.
  12. Proceed to lay around instead of doing more things on to-do list.
  13. Sigh.
  14. Revise review and send it to the editor.
  15. Pet kitties.
I do believe that's all. And now, I'm going to bed.

No comments: