At any rate. The point here is this. I have been to Lebanon, and now I have returned. I will do real posting about my travels in the coming days, but first, some reflections on traveling in general.
- JFK is a despicable airport and I will stay home rather than ever fly through that particular place again.
- Delta is a despicable airline and I will stay home rather than ever fly Delta again.
- Yes, I plan on writing lengthy letters of disapproval to the FAA, JFK, and Delta, expressing my displeasure.
- In other complaining news, might I just say that while I sympathize with people who travel with small children because it's not easy and dude, sometimes kids cry and stuff and I do not judge parents for that happening, I do totally judge parents when their children (a), climb on top of me when I'm trapped in the middle seat of a plane, (b) pinch me, (c) bang on an airport bench repeatedly during a flight delay knocking into it with all of their force while adults who've been traveling for approximately 20 hours bite their tongues, or (d) kick the back of an airplane seat that is occupied by a person. The point here is that parents in that situation need to tell their children to knock it off and to make sure that it happens. Sure, kids will be kids, but this is allowing your children to be disrespectful (and in some cases violent) to strangers. This is, in a word, bullshit. And fuck my ethical duty to children who are the future and to being supportive of parents. This sort of behavior is unacceptable, and if your kids are doing it and you do nothing, then you are a shitty parent. Period.
- I actually don't have jetlag. Perhaps I should thank the idiotic operations of Delta and JFK for keeping me up until a reasonable bedtime, even though I gained 7 hours coming here? No, I do not think they deserve my thanks.
- You'd think that I wouldn't be so complainy, but it is my way, given the fact that On July 30 I left the house at about 5:30 Beirut time, and I only arrived at my parents' at 1:30 AM Eastern time on July 31. You'd be bitchy, too.
I'm a very, very lucky girl to have gone on this trip. Even though I was annoyed at times, but I'll talk about that later, too.
At any rate, regular blogging shall likely resume Sunday.