- Eaten many fish served with the heads on.
- Eaten raw things, livers of things, octopus, etc.
- Discovered that my favorite flavor of ice cream is Ashta, which does not exist in America, as far as I know.
- Discovered that no matter how awesome the circumstances and beautiful vistas, I can be counted upon to fall asleep during drives through the mountains. Any mountains. It's like driving + mountains = cryptonite of Dr. Crazy putting her into a narcotic-induced slumber.
- Been to: Jeita, Baalbeck, the Khalil Gibran museum, Harissa, St. Charbel's place, the Cedars, Byblos, Moussa Castle (quite probably the weirdest museum in the whole world, which I will discuss at length upon my return), swimming in the Mediterranean.
- Have made strong progress on becoming the Tannest Crazy in the World, without getting a sunburn except for an unfortunate incident at the Cedars involving no sunscreen and a purse strapped agross my chest. Not pretty, though it didn't really hurt and wasn't horrible - just the weird purse-strap sunburn of stupidity is always annoying.
I also have had a good time with G., although I am ever more certain that my mother cannot come here with him without me. It takes a LOT of patience to deal with him (esp. when one doesn't know arabic and he conveniently ignores the fact that the person he's brought with him might need a translation every now and again.)
Ok, enough for now. More when I'm back stateside. (And yes, I'm now feeling all patriotic and like I love the U.S.A., as I do every time I travel. I kind of suck, I think, but dude, America really is pretty great.)
I hope all is well in blogworld! I don't dare open my bloglines for fear of being entirely overwhelmed!