Tuesday, July 01, 2008

In Which I'm a Loser

No, really. I'm a loser. You know that award I was nominated for? Totally not the big winner. I have decided that there is no way anybody is more awesome than me, so the judging must have been rigged. At least I don't need to go to that stupid event in the fall where it will be handed out now. Whatever.

But I'm also just a sort of general kind of loser who managed to do nothing with her day today, even though A. is coming Friday, even though I've got a ton of crap I need to do before she does, etc.

Instead, I spent the day lounging and napping with my wee Mr. Stripey, who has been exceptionally lovey-dovey and whom I will miss dreadfully during my travels. I'm sure he'll be fine, though, as will his big brother. Why? Well, they've got each other.

4 comments:

Belle said...

So totally NOT a loser, on anybody's scale. Surely YOU are not gauging your winnerness by mere accolades from Twitbound Others? Cash? Not YOU.

Judge, rather, by the loveliness of your feline companions, who are clearly quite pleased with being in your life and care. Judge by the numbers of your faithful readers, who hang on (nearly) every word.

Now, in penance for self-pity, go give those kitties a rousing game of whatever. And join them in a nap.

Anonymous said...

You're not a loser sausage, they're losers! :) Seriously, sorry you didn't win it, hon. xxx

marciano guerrero said...

Hey, you're an olympic intellectual gymnast! In time you'll get gold.
kristendom

James said...

You're strongly tempting me to get a kitten for my cat with these pictures...