Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Ok, so I've got to do this Meme again, For I Love It

It's because others get to play along! It is fab!

The rules, again, should you have missed them the first time around:

Step 1: Put your MP3 player or whatever on random.
Step 2: Post the first line from the first 25 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing the song.
Step 3: Post and let everyone you know guess what song and artist the lines come from.
Step 4: Strike through when someone gets them right I'm bolding because I can't be bothered to the html for striking through:)
Step 5: Looking them up on Google or any other search engine is CHEATING. So is looking at my last.fm feed for the last hour or so…

  1. She called me up today
  2. I had my eyes on you for such a long time
  3. I guess the time is right for us to say
  4. As soon as I get my head round you
  5. I would rather suffer in sweet silent solitude
  6. Charlie Hudson was a good man
  7. When it hurts so bad
  8. There's no combination of words I could put on the back of a postcard
  9. There was a girl back in my town
  10. I don't wanna be no man's woman
  11. Ah, chocolate girl, well you're looking like something I want
  12. Better I, better I stay up
  13. You sit there in your heartache
  14. Was it destiny? I don't know yet.
  15. English girls are pretty when they play guitar
  16. This speech is my recital, I think it's very vital
  17. Tomorrow's coming around a hairpin curve in the road she's got a run in her stocking and she's missing the heel of her shoe
  18. Is it cruel or kind not to speak my mind and to lie to you
  19. I got ladyfingers ,baby, I got kid gloves, baby, I got heart
  20. Oh, my mama told me
  21. What you did to me made me see myself something different
  22. Spread your wings
  23. Careless in our summer clothes
  24. I was talking not two days ago
  25. This is the first day of my life

11 comments:

Dr. Curmudgeon said...

I've been searching the net all evening while I was grading to try and find more of this meme so I could justify my cd collection!

#16 - "It's Tricky" by Run DMC!
#19 - "Ladyfingers" by Luscious Jackson
#23 - "Hang Me Out to Dry" by the Cold War Kids

Scott Rogers said...

#15 Ryan Adams "English Girls"
#20 Tracy Chapman "All That You Have Is Your Soul"

vague said...

Ooh, a couple of my favorites are on the list!

4. "Head On," either The Jesus and Mary Chain or The Pixies, depending on which version you have

10. "No Man's Woman," Sinéad O'Connor

Jenn said...

8 - Jack Johnson's Better Together

13 - The Killers' When You Were Young

Sisyphus said...

Dammit! I love #11 but have no clue who did it or what they called it... Argh!

Kait said...

#11, Louis XIV, Finding out true love is blind

Amanda K Allen said...

#3: Lifehouse --I finally found the love of a lifetime

#24: Liz Phair -Polyester Bride (I used to LOVE this song! Oh... wait... yep. Still do. And I DO "want to find alligator cowboy boots they just put on sale!")

Stampy said...

#25, Bright Eyes --- First Day of my Life

PMG said...

#1, Belle and Sebastian, "Step into my office"

knitcrit said...

I've never posted a comment on your blog before and I have nothing articulate to say other than thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for your workload week log. Perfectionism, guilt, lack of oversight/feedback, and an institutional culture full of people saying they work "all the time" have been driving me mad. I have googled around extensively on the issue of how much time an academic job "should" take, and to date your workweek log is honestly the only truly informative thing I've ever read on the topic. Thank you!

Scrivener said...

Dangit, the Cold War Kids and Bright Eyes have already been taken. I knew RunDMC too, though I probably would have flailed around for another few minutes before I could remember who it was.