Friday, September 22, 2006

Bad Dreams

First Bad Dream:
I somehow was back with The Ex with Whom I Lived. We had been broken up (per reality) but somehow we had ended up back together in this weird falling-down house, etc. I found out that while we were broken up, he had jet-setted around to the Hamptons and other Fancy locales, and also that he just found out he had a kid. Whatever my situation was, I somehow wasn't in a position where I could walk out on him. Dream ends with me screaming/crying (in dream), until sweet, sweet Man-Kitty awakens me for breakfast.

Second Bad Dream:
After feeding Man-Kitty, I usually go back to sleep for to hours. (He's a VERY early riser.) Upon returning to sleep I had a dream in which 1) I was somehow travelling home from Canada with my best friend from high school and her mom (that part was very confusing, and all I know is I was eating a stranger's french fries at the airport) and 2) then the dream switched to me at home, and my mom was there, and she killed my new computer with some kind of wax-spill, and there was some sort of crazy commentator on TV acting as is this was a national disaster - or maybe there was a national disaster going on simultaneously? - and this dream ends as well with me crying and freaking out, until I awaken to realize I've overslept.

I don't remember the last time I had a bad dream, actually. Guess I really am going on the market. It's not going to be a fun next few months.

1 comment:

Wol said...

Bad dreams suck. I totally sympathize-- when I am in a stressful situation I have ones much like the ones you described, especially the first one. Hang in there--they will eventually fade. A little lavender sachet under your pillow might help--it supposedly helps people relax and sleep well.

Good luck with the job hunt!