Monday, July 31, 2006

I Don't Wanna...

  1. Go to the gym, even though I did want to go to the gym this morning before I left my house. The problem is the heat. And the humidity. And my allergies.
  2. Make a To-Do list. The minute I make the list, I'll have to do the things on the list. I'm not into that.
  3. Be bored not doing things that are productive, which is a problem since I don't want to do the things that ARE productive either.
  4. Eat food that's good for me. I've been doing really well with this, but I really am craving something.... I don't know.... something high in fat and with as many processed carbohydrate type things as possible. Of course, I am PMS-y right now, so maybe I should just give in to the craving? Maybe life's too short always to make healthy and sensible decisions about food? And I'd really love potato chips and dip.....

All of that said, I think I am going to try to do at least a couple of productive things so as not to be bored, and I also think that I'll most likely only let myself eat bad food if I go to the gym to compensate for it. Or I may just say that tomorrow is a new day and let today be a diet/exercise free day.

But I really am bored and kind of petulant. I think it's the whole wanting summer to be over thing.

And I met with the director of that program to come up with my list of duties, and so the whole semi-admin. position thing is a go for the 2006-2007 academic year. I'm kind of psyched and kind of freaked out.

I guess it's just I'd like for the semester already to be underway. And for it to be like October. That would be better for me.

Having spent all day yesterday taking a "personal day" with the Man-Kitty, I'm not really in the mood to hang with him all afternoon. I'm sure he's not either - he likes his alone time. Oh, and can I just say that I'm kind of ticked off at the Man-Kitty because he's been waking me up every day at 4:30 AM? What's his deal? Why can't he at least wait until the sun has risen?

2 comments:

jo(e) said...

I say go for the potato chips and dip. Just add a bag of baby carrots and alternate between chips and carrots. That makes it health food.

Loralee Choate said...

"Why can't he at least wait until the sun has risen?"

You have obviously forgotten that cats rule the universe and answer to no one.