Monday, September 21, 2009

On the Radar

My duties as spokesmodel continued today, and I think I have to face that I'm no longer an unknown faculty member. I know, right? You'd think that I'd have faced this by now, given the fact that I've been steadily becoming more public since summer. But today, well, both my president and my provost expressed directly complimented me on my performance. It's safe to say that they both know exactly who I am, at this point. Not sure how I feel about that, although I'm sure in the long run it's probably not a bad thing?

In other news, I took the fact that I had spokesmodel duties to perform as an alibi for accomplishing not a single item on the lists I made in the previous post. As long as I get it all done by the end of the week, I'm sure it's fine. One cannot be a highly efficient professor as well as a spokesmodel all in the same day. Or rather, one should not have to be.

6 comments:

Sisyphus said...

Oh good, that makes me feel better than when I first read your to-do list. I got tired just looking at it!

PhysioProf said...

Does your spokesmodel contract guarantee you bowls of M&Ms with all the brown ones removed?

Susan said...

I was wondering if the spokesmodel got a Vanna White outfit. . .
But of course the pres and the provost know you. You are becoming a VIP!

Dr. Crazy said...

Physioprof: I've not yet graduated to contracts that guarantee me snack preferences. That said, a girl can dream :)

Dr. Crazy said...

Susan: As for the Vanna outfit, not exactly, but I have taken much care in choosing outfits for these gigs. Firday I word a bold number that Joan from Mad Men might have chosen, if only she had the opportunity :)

Dr. Crazy said...

er, Friday I wore. Apparently, I can't type tonight.