Thursday, March 12, 2009

I Hate Everything

  1. I'm sick as a dog with a stupid head-cold.
  2. This means that unless I have a miraculous recovery between now and tomorrow that I probably shouldn't go see my dying father this weekend.
  3. I'm arguing with FB, which really irritates me as I don't actually want to argue with him, except for that I need to because the things I'm upset about really are important, so if I don't fight about them they will never be resolved. He'll be irritated I'm posting about this at all, and yet I think I want to irritate him. That is not mature of me.
  4. My r&r is not done.
  5. It is gray and gloomy and cold outside.
  6. Spring break is almost over.
  7. I cannot breathe out of my right nostril, and yet my nose is also sort of runny. Oh, and rubbed raw from blowing it. (I know, too much information, but it's hard when you're in this state not to hate the world, as I know you all know.)
  8. I just feel miserable. Physically, emotionally, etc.

8 comments:

The History Enthusiast said...

I'm sorry you're sick :-(.

I rub Vaseline on my nose in between blowing it, and that helps a lot with the redness.

* said...

I hope you feel better soon!

And I hope you have tissues with lotion, which are so much kinder to the troubled nose.

JaneB said...

Definitely tissues with lotion. And hot tea with honey and lemon. And a snuggle with cats. (although, the vaseline tip is great but if coupled with snuggling with cats you can end up getting all this hair stuck to your nose... well, OK, that happens to me anyway!)

Robert said...

The most effective cold remedy I know: drink at least 1 liter of water, urinate on demand, rest. Tomorrow will be much better.

arkay
erasablegames.com

jennyfields said...

I'm sorry Crazy. Being sick just throws this horrible wrench into lives that are already running at maximum capacity. It's hard enough to function when you're not sick. Sudefed. Rock that. (((hugs))) I'm so sorry.

helenesch said...

I hope you're feeling better soon! And I'm sorry, too, about your father. Take care of yourself...a warm bath might be nice (then again, that's my remedy for nearly everything!)

Susan said...

Ditto the hot lemon/honey recipe, usually in my case fortified by whatever alcohol is available. And cuddle with cats. And I hope you get sufficiently better to be not contagious that you can visit your father.

Belle said...

There are even tissues with Vicks in them, and they really help clear sinuses.

I know you feel awful and icky and guilty; but think about it. Is your cold going to hurt your father at this point? Your not going may haunt you. Just saying.