Sunday, December 28, 2008

Happy Tenure Decision to Me!

I know. This is the season of giving to others, and not to ourselves, but I am selfish and kind of a bad person.

And also I felt like I was getting a really good deal, one that I might not find again soon, and I also felt like I wouldn't actually buy myself a tenure present if I didn't do it now, when the happiness over the letter from the provost is still fresh.

And so, behold: Dr. Crazy's Knives of Tenure.

(Combine these with the food mill and mandoline that my mom so awesomely bought me for Christmas, and I promise to be rocking it out gourmet style in the '09.)

10 comments:

The Sassy Orange said...

Congrats Dr. Crazy!! And you totally deserve the knives for this milestone. :D

I don't think you said - what did you get FB for Christmas?

AAYOR said...

Wahoo! I'm so very happy to hear that the letter arrived safely.

We have Wusthof knives and we loooove them. I need that santoku knife, though. Mine isn't as nice (and not a wusthof).

Bardiac said...

Congrats :)

~profgrrrrl~ said...

You absolutely deserve the knives. What a wonderful tenure present! Enjoy!

Krista Kennedy said...

Yay! You shall never regret the Wusthofs and those are a very good prices indeed. (I suspect you'll never regret the tenure, either.)

krisluvswool said...

Congrats on tenure AND the knives. Because you are clearly awesome-- and thus deserve some very awesome knives. I am a wusthof NUT. LOVE them.

Belle said...

Yay Crazy! The knives are indeed lovely.

My only question: did you keep the old ones for nailing bad papers to wall?

undine said...

Congrats, Crazy; the knives look great!

Sherman Dorn said...

I'd skip the wooden blockie thing and get the chef's knife instead. Chef's knives are SO useful...

Dr. Crazy said...

Sherman: The chef's knife was PART of the wooden blocky thing, and thus, one of the reasons that the 300 dollar price tag (since it includes the chef's knife plus other also useful knives) was such a good price :) Am loving them all - and have used all but two :)