Sunday, September 16, 2007

Shopping! Hurrah!

Well. NFMB today inspired me to go out and do a bit of shopping. See, I needed to buy some jeans, and since it was the super-secret-Macy's-preferred-customer sale, I could buy them at 20% off. So.

I bought jeans.

But what I'm most excited about buying are these....


And these come in a close second....


At full price, each pair would have cost $69. Do you know what I paid for BOTH? $29.

And then I went to Borders and bought Eat Pray Love and Sinead O'Connor's Theology and a new cookbook. And then I took myself out to lunch, and then I swung by the library where I checked out all of the books that I shall need to finish my fucking book. And then I cheffed up some beef stroganoff and chicken paprikash, and I'm thinking now that I might take a nice bath to prepare myself for Rock of Love at 9 PM.

It has been a great Sunday. Totally.

11 comments:

~profgrrrrl~ said...

Curious to hear your thoughts on Eat Pray Love when you finish.

Margo, darling said...

I am so happy that you, too, watch Rock of Love. Just finished watching this week's ep.

k8 said...

Oooh!! Sparkly and pretty! I have to admit, though, shoe-whore that I am I can't manage the pointy toe variety, but they certainly look spiffy!

Kate said...

That DOES sound like a great Sunday! This reminds me that it's been far too long since I've taken a leisurely bath...

Sisyphus said...

Ooo ooo! Love the pointy sparkly shoes!

The hot weather here has been the only thing that's preventing me from blowing money I don't have on fancy expensive boots. Soon I shall succumb.

litprof said...

Oh wow. After reading the summary and reviews of the book on Amazon (Eat Pray Love) it sounds like something I'd have difficulty getting through for many, many reasons. Very interested for your critical reading!

Anonymous said...

i totally want the new sinead.

Maude said...

i am so jealous of your shiny pointy shoes! i just bought a pair of fuchsia heels a couple of weeks ago at the macy's labor day sale.

i will have to go pick up the new sinead myself. i'm going to see her at the voodoo fest in new orleans in a month! i'm so excited!!

Tom Paine said...

You're beginning to resemble Lina....

Comet Jo said...

Also curious about your thoughts on Eat, Pray, Love--I listened to the audiobook on a recent drive accross country and liked it a lot, although I found myself surprised that I did. I could say more, but maybe I'll wait until you post on it.

Chaser said...

reading schmeeding I love the shoes! Dude!