Monday, September 24, 2007

Behind Schedule

Ok, so it all started when I agreed to put together a course proposal at the last minute. And then I decided that I'd go to the gym later, thinking that I'd get the proposal plus some revisions done and then go. Well, the proposal is done, but the revisions? Not even begun. So now I have a decision to make: do I go to the gym (as I'd promised myself I would do) and then work on the book? Is that something I will really do? And what about prep for my one class tomorrow? When does that get done? However, the course that I pulled out of my ass for this proposal is pretty kick-ass, if I do say so myself. Ah, the joys of being one who procrastinates by doing work. Fuck it. I'm going to the gym. The work will get done or it won't, but I must be committed to the new work-out schedule.

Update: So. I went and worked out. Somehow talked myself into a full 45 minutes of cardio. (If you only knew what I have to do to talk myself into such things: it generally involves thinking about all of the food and drink I might consume to nullify the workout.) I also skimmed the book I'm finishing with tomorrow while working out, so prep is basically done. While I generally cannot read and work out, I find that I can skim and refresh myself on stuff that I've already read. Who knew? So, I think the plan now is to relax for a bit, shower, grab dinner, and then settle in with the book manuscript and Ken Burns.

No comments: