Friday, September 21, 2007

Like a Chicken with Its Head Cut Off

That might be one way to describe how I've been running around for the past week or so, in making the push with the book stuff and in trying to get all of my grading done, etc. On the one hand, all of this feels good. It's nice to see items get crossed off of my many lists, and its nice to feel like I'm getting closer to not feeling so overwhelmed. That said? I think it's telling that I woke up this morning in the middle of a dream in which all I was doing was drinking glass after glass of wine and chain smoking. I suspect my subconscious may want a wee break from all of the productivity stuff.

But so now, this afternoon, it's time to continue work on the book. Now comes the more substantial stuff that I've got to do, but I have high hopes that it shouldn't be too difficult.

More later, for I'm sure I'll take frequent breaks.

1 comment:

Notorious Ph.D. said...

Crazy, I'm so with you. If you were to look at my mental calendar for the next eight months, it would read "work on the book." It's a little overwhelming.