Thursday, December 14, 2006

Things That Make Dr. Crazy Happy

  1. My gorgeous, gorgeous new haircut/color. I have officially reverted to the hair that I had in 2002 when I went to MLA. Not sure what that means, but good hair is good hair. I should also note that I think I had this hair as well in 1986, 1992, 1995, and 1998. Apparently I have a "signature hairdo." Oh, except it is a teensy bit blonder now than it was in 2002 and 1998. But heck - I live in a place where people are a hell of a lot blonder than I am, and it really does suit me as my base color is a dirty blonde in winter.... Yeah anyway, I'm happy with my hair.
  2. Chai tea. Mmmmm.
  3. The fact that I'm done grading one class, nearly done grading class number two (only the finals left to tabulate) and on my way to being done-done-done with all grading by tomorrow night (I hope).
  4. The fact that I'm making good headway on preparations for MLA.
  5. Did I mention I expect to be done tomorrow?
  6. Oh, and Harry Potter. Harry Potter makes me very happy (am reading OotP again).
  7. Club sandwiches with french fries.
  8. Waitresses who call one "hon."
  9. The fact that I've yet to get ONE complaint about grades (although I'm sure some will come flying in as soon as I post this).
  10. That I'll see my mommy in less than a week! Hurrah!
  11. Oh, and the Man-Kitty. He doesn't like it when I leave him off of the Happy List.

3 comments:

Tiruncula said...

I'm with you on 1 (I wouldn't call mine gorgeous, but it is signature, and it's good to feel like me again); 6 (oh yes, all the time, and I'm going to re-listen to OotP on the drive to mom's tomorrow); 9 (though I shouldn't count chickens yet); and 10 (see above). I'm a little ahead of you on 3 and 5 (done!!!) and envying you on 7. Mmm.

BikeProf said...

Nearly done with grading? Did I say yet that I hate you? I am still buried under papers and exams--what was I thinking?

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the grading! Totally with you on the Harry Potter - the wait until next July is seriously getting to me.