Monday, December 11, 2006

Aw Yeah, Aw Yeah!

(I'm not sure how to make the above sound in writing like the hip-hop refrain it's supposed to sound like as I dance around my house, but it's the only appropriate title for what I'm about to reveal.)

I got a call.

From a department.

I am not a loser.

I have an interview!

(Incidentally, I feel a little sick, which may be nerves, may be the fact that I, while not an emotional eater, am an impatient eater, and so I've been enjoying delicacies like pillsbury cinammon rolls, pistachio icecream, etc, or may be that HOLY FUCKING SHIT I'VE GOT TO PREPARE FOR AN INTERVIEW NOW!!! I also wonder how I'm going to make myself grade in light of this development.)

And this reminds me. We need to schedule the blogger meet-up. I imagine this will be a total hassle, as everybody probably has a ton of junk they'll need to be doing all throughout MLA. My thought is that we should do it on the night of the 29th at like 8 PM or something and then we can all roll into the blogging panel hung over, or perhaps still drunk, and heckle the panelists (just kidding - kind of :) - hee!) Perhaps everybody who's interested in doing a meet-up should send me an email at reassignedtime [at] yahoo [dot] com and then we can coordinate schedules? Yes? (By the way, I suck at organizing this sort of shit, although I do love socializing, so if ANYBODY wants to take over the organizational onus of this I would be willing to buy that person a drink at the meet-up..... Otherwise, I'll expect every single one of you to buy me a drink! So there!)

(Dr. Crazy is giddy and a little bit freaked out.)

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

RAWK ON!

And I'll be at any meet-up you wanna arrange...and I'll buy you a drink.

Mel said...

congrats!! most excellent news on a Monday!

itinerarium said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
itinerarium said...

Go you!!!! Excellent news. I'm thrilled for you. And, almost perversely, vaguely lamenting the fact I won't be going to MLA this year. Wait. What am I saying? Regardless, congrats!

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!! WELL DONE!!

Anonymous said...

congrats on the interview!!

Hilaire said...

That is fantastic, Dr. Crazy! Yeah!!

(And: I am so jealous of you MLAers!)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Dr. Brazen Hussy said...

Hooray and congratulations!

Anonymous said...

AWESOME. You defeated the Man-Kitty's mental jujitsu--congratulations!

I've got my grad program reception from 6.30-8 p.m. on the 29th, and since it's open bar, I'll definitely already be drunk if we meet at 8. Nevertheless, I'm entirely prepared to make that sacrifice to hang with all y'all.

BrightStar (B*) said...

Best wishes! I hope it's at a school that's a good fit for what you want!

Dr. Crazy said...

Thanks for the congrats, everybody!

(According to my step-dad, the Man-Kitty may be expressing a preference for a particlar geographical area of the country given the latest news. We will only know if this is true if/when I hear from the other schools for whom the jury is still out.)

As for already being drunk, I suspect I will be as well, actually, or well on my way there, as I think I've got something on the 29th from 6-8 as well. Actually, the reason I suggested 8 is that it will be impossible to do an afternoon, what with all those on search committees or, ahem, interviewing, ahem, and the 6-8 block for many of us is filled with professional society receptions or other parties (usually I find myself double-booking those as it is). That said, once I've got a list of potential revelers, I'll set up an email list and we can confer about dates/times/the where and when of everything - off blog, so as not to alert the media of our comings and goings. They'll just have to go to the Meet the Bloggers panel :)

Dr. Crazy said...

Ooh! And speaking of fit - I just tried on all of my suits, and miracle of miracles, I'm GOLD as for everything fitting as it should! (In fact, I'm even more gold than I was the last time on the market, as then I had to wear what my mother calls a "panty girdle" in order for the suit to lay right.)

Hurrah for working out! Hurrah for eating like a reasonable person! Hurrah that I lost 20 lbs. since this time last year!

dr four eyes said...

Yay! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic news! And congrats on the suit, too. :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! :)

helenesch said...

Congrats! That's wonderful news.

Addy N. said...

Congrats, Crazy woman! And let's plan a non-MLA blogger meet-up over break!

Anonymous said...

Hip hip huzzah!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

ceresina said...

Yay! for you!

Anonymous said...

As my homies like to say: dat's phat. Word up!

My dogs also give a heartfelt "Woof up!"

Er, something like that...

Dr. Virago said...

Woo-hoo! Yay for interviews and suits that fit!

(And I'm majorly bummed I won't be in Philly for various blogger meet-ups. Boo! God, I can't believe I'm actually *bummed* not be at MLA!)

litprof said...

Congrats. :)