Monday, January 30, 2006

In Patting Oneself on the Back News...


Even though "cheating friday" became "cheating Thursday evening through Saturday Morning" this week, I still (unaccountably) lost 4 pounds. I will say, I was very good on the non-cheating days, and I was very good about the working out. Also, the week before I'd only lost one pound, so I'm thinking that perhaps I was on a plateau and ellipticalled my way out of it? Either that or my scale doesn't really work. All I know is that I'm feeling good and I'm not hungry and my clothes are fitting better. Hurrah!

In other news, conferences are going along swimmingly. What makes me sad is that I need to grade so much before conferences tomorrow, which is annoying since I'm also doing a candidate lunch, presentation, interview, and dinner today.

I also came to the realization this weekend that I'm a workaholic. I'm not sure whether that's something to pat myself on the back for, but I do think that it is generally a good way to get ahead in this stupid profession.

The Man-Kitty is awesome, but he has not been cooperating with picture-taking recently. I know you all miss him, though, and I've not shown him on this blog, so I've included a picture from a while ago for your viewing pleasure.



5 comments:

Chaser said...

Good for you!

Yep, I'm a workaholic too.

Scrivener said...

I am not a workaholic, at least not this recent incarnation of me now that I am a father, which is why I'm such a miserable failure in this profession. Dammit.

Seeking Solace said...

Good for you! It’s tough when you hit a plateau and can’t find your way out.

I don't weigh myself because of the fluctuations that can occur. I just end up getting pissed off. So, I just go by how my clothes fit.

StyleyGeek said...

Well done on the working and the weight-loss!

I know this sounds kind of geeky, but if you take a 10 day moving average of your weight, you get a nice trend and don't have to worry about day to day fluctuations. (Mine tends to change by up to a kilo per day!)

krisluvswool said...

Congrats on the progress :) I've finally gotten around to starting a "real" exercise plan-- with a PLAN and everything :) Now I'm just anxiously awaiting results lol.

And BTW, my own man-kitty who looks like a short-haired version of yours also has a love of all things plastic and round that come from milk jugs ;)