I have done this nearly every time I have ever invited anyone over and have cooked for them. I am doing this now. Well, not really, because at least I know I'm doing it so I'm not going to allow myself to waste two hours right now, as much as I may want to do so.
So, what must I finish before my guests arrive at 7?
- Slice cucumbers and prep asparagus.
- Find baking dish so that I can actually make the chicken when it's time.
- Sweep the floors downstairs. (I should also mop the kitchen floor, but realistically, am I really going to do that? No. I'm not.)
- Straighten my bedroom, stash a bunch of unfolded laundry in closets, and make beds.
- Clean toilet.
- Remove crap from coffee and end-table.
**90% of the time it is no big deal that I don't have a dishwasher, but I do wish that I had one today.