Saturday, June 19, 2010

Should Accomplish More But....

Ok, so I'm slowly but surely making headway in doing those last piddly tasks that will make me completely and totally unpacked. Today I went to the bank, took care of getting my mortgage payment automatically deducted from my bank account, canceled the hotel reservation for the conference that I won't be attending, had a phone date with my aunt, organized and put away everything that's to be stored in the drop-lid desk in the living room, put away the ceramic Christmas tree in the front hall closet where it belongs as opposed to storing the box in the middle of the living room floor, took some stuff that belonged in the basement down there, added more things to my to-do list....

In other words, things move forward apace. But I still have lots more to do, and I'm feeling less than motivated. My goal is to get totally done with the downstairs today, but I have totally stalled. Unpacking is boring. At the same time, I really want to be unpacked so that I can start actually doing the research that I'm supposed to be doing this summer, which I don't feel like I can do until I get the unpacking done.

I'll post some more pics once I get some more of this crap out of here. Maybe I'll have a snack and that will motivate me further? Or maybe I'll just call it a day even though I totally shouldn't?

Gah. I don't know.

6 comments:

Notorious Ph.D. said...

I second the Comrade's sentiment. You have accomplished a lot. Make yourself a token gesture of one 20-30 min. project, then give yourself an afternoon off. Even academics should get a weekend once in a while.

Sisyphus said...

It's always snack time.

Anonymous said...

Break out the MFJ and crank the moterhfucking tunes and dance around!

Dr. Crazy said...

You people are bad influences! And you should realize that your advice means that it will take longer to get more after pictures, so you're only hurting yourselves!

I took a nap and then began drinking wine, and had a nice long conversation on the phone with High School BFF.

Special to Comrade Physioprof: the Nook of Ideas will ALSO be the Nook of MFJ, and there will be photographic evidence of this :)

Anonymous said...

Special to Comrade Physioprof: the Nook of Ideas will ALSO be the Nook of MFJ, and there will be photographic evidence of this :)

CHA-CHING!

Historiann said...

Yeah, sorry to be late to cocktail hour, but it's time already!

Boxes that never get unpacked probably don't contain anything you can't live without. I still have boxes packed in 1997 and 2001 that live unmolested in my closets. Just what I'm holding onto, I really don't know.

Historiann.com