Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Ugh

  • I did that thing where I convinced myself I could grade everything that I have to grade this morning. WHY do I ever think that's a good idea? WHY?
  • I am very, very frustrated regarding the MLA session I'm putting together, but shouldn't say more than that. Grrrr.
  • I agreed to participate in this colloquium with our grad students and I feel like a big loser because I had to change my paper to one I've already given because, um, yeah, I cannot do what I said I was going to do between now and the day of the colloquium.
  • I cannot wait until this semester is over. Can. Not. Wait.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I did that thing where I convinced myself I could grade everything that I have to grade this morning. WHY do I ever think that's a good idea? WHY?

'cuz it's a lesson that has to be re-learned periodically? Like that love hurts, or that politicians disappoint, or that failing to floss promotes gum recession?

It can't be that we're just stubborn or lazy! It must be some elusive property of the fabric of human being. And, grading can suck, and all.