Friday, March 05, 2010

The Sun Is Shining, The Birds are Singing, etc.

So, the sun really is shining - and brightly, too, for the second day in a row, and the birds really are singing, for they woke me up and made it impossible for me to ignore the brightly shining sun.

ANYWAY.

This afternoon I will go and look at houses in person for the first time. I'm a little nervous, but also very excited. Yesterday I actually went and drove past the three that are true contenders (we'll be looking at more, but the others are ruled out for issues that no visit will change, like "no driveway" and "crazy-big yard and not enough rooms in the actual house"). Well, one of the "true contenders was ruled out by the drive-by yesterday, as it is located at the very end of a dead-end street at the end of a hill that then is wicked-steep right when you need to find the driveway of the house. I'm fairly certain that there would be a good many days each winter where I just literally wouldn't be able to leave my house. In addition, behind the house is a wooded area, and I feel like with the way the house is set at the bottom of a ravine, that wooded area would be a place where people would stash dead bodies or other criminal type items. In other words, the precise location of that house is a PROBLEM.

The other two that were true contenders remain true contenders, at least until I see them inside.

Other than that, next week is spring break, and I've got high hopes that I will be able to sleep and to catch up with work and to make good progress on the house-hunting front.

4 comments:

Roxie Smith Lindemann said...

Happy hunting, Dr. C.! And it's impossible not to feel a little nervous about the whole Buying the First House Thing. Moose was a wreck about it, but the truth is it's manageable and wonderful, assuming you make a good decision about what you can afford to own. Which of course you WILL! Enjoy!

Bardiac said...

Happy Hunting!

one reflective educator said...

On the other hand, staring into a wooded area sounds relaxing and rejuvinating...

...as long as there aren't any dead bodies back there :)

PhysioProf said...

So, the sun really is shining - and brightly, too, for the second day in a row, and the birds really are singing, for they woke me up and made it impossible for me to ignore the brightly shining sun.

Bird hater!