Monday, February 23, 2009

Productivity, Exhaustion

It was, indeed, a long, stupid day. I accomplished a lot service-wise, though now there's only more work to be done. Again, it's satisfying, but it's not energizing. I think I'm making progress, but it's difficult to know if that's true given the fact that I'm not really in control over whether progress ultimately happens. That said, I am doing my best.

Now, I also didn't get those letters of rec written (MUST do that tomorrow), and I didn't get all of my prep done, and I didn't get the bit of grading that I've got to do done. But right now? I'm tired. I also missed a meeting with a student. Ugh. And I've got some emails that I've got to respond to for my online class, which I MUST do tomorrow

On the other hand, I sent an email that's been on my to-do list for a week or two, and I did get the reading done for my one class (just not for the other two).

So it was a long day, and, as days go, not as awful as I'd feared it might turn out to be. That said, this shit is grueling, people. Stressful, slow, and grueling. I cannot wait until this week is over. I need a couple of days to get my life in order. Seriously.

No comments: