The other thing that makes getting into a routine almost impossible is that I am going to Europe in mid-June, so pretty much as soon as I get a routine going I'm going to screw the whole thing up. And then there's the fact that when I come back from Europe, should the enrollment make, I'm teaching a summer class, which will be yet another different schedule. And then it's August, and well, time to get ready to go back to school again, right?
Now. What do I need to accomplish this summer?
- Write conference paper/present it.
- Revise mini-article/finish editing mini-journal.
- Get back in the groove of working out and eating like a rational human being.
- Get tan. (I mean, really - what's the point in all of this education if one can't lie in the sun at least a little bit?)
- Get shit together so as to go on the market (as I think it's really something I've got to do, whether I dread doing it or want to move or whatever).
This doesn't seem like that much, except for that I'm deliberately leaving a bunch of crap off of my list because I know I won't get it done, even though I want to get it done. Like, for example, I really do want to beat my dissertation into a real manuscript and get a proposal together and get it out there. Like, for example, I really would like to have some kind of boyfriend. Realistically, though, these two things will just not be achievable this summer. Ugh.
Ah well. Enough of this whining (or if it's not whining it will become whining momentarily). I'm going to go eat some sort of bad-for-me food and lie around some more. (I blame my cat for this turn toward a life of sloth. He is a bad role model.)