Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Um... Later Start Than I'd Anticipated...

I blame the fact that it's a gloomy, rainy day. And for whatever reason I was exhausted last night and thus needed lots of rest. But so what this means is that the whole "finish the article goal" that I'd set yesterday may well not happen today. See, I have plans to meet BES for coffee at two, and my original plan had been to go to the coffee shop like 3 hours before in order to get some solid work done ahead of time. Given the fact that I probably won't be able to get myself showered and out of the house before 12:30 (and that is if I'm excessively motivated), the reality is that I'm just not going to be able to work on the article solidly until after my class tonight (which lets out at 9 PM), which I'm thinking probably won't happen since Top Chef Masters premieres at 10. Now, once upon a time when I was a spry young graduate student I might have thought to myself, "Self, you can totally start working in earnest on the article at 11 PM!" I think, however, that this is totally unrealistic.

And so. I'll do what I can on the article today, but I think the more realistic goal is to say that Friday is D-Day for the article. One can only do what one can do. And hell, it's summer. And the thing isn't due until the end of the month.

So yeah, that's pretty much all that's going on in this neck of the woods. I've become a ridiculously boring blogger this month, but I think a) this is pretty normal for me in the month of June and b) it may well be a sign of the fact that I'm relaxed and pretty content at the moment. I've just got nothing. I hang out, I teach, I think about my article. Boring, and perhaps exactly what I need this summer.

No comments: