Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Why am I such an ass?

What time did Dr. Crazy tell her mother she'd get on the road for her holiday visit?

12 noon.

What time is it now?

11:40

Things Dr. Crazy needs to do before she can get on the road?

  • Find her MLA jewelry, which she seems to have squirrelled away someplace.
  • Pack up the Man-Kitty and his many accessories.
  • Take the Man-Kitty to get his nails done.
  • Get oil change.
  • Find map of Philadelphia.
Dammit dammit dammit.

Update: All things done but oil-change and M-K related activities. I'm pretty impressed with myself (and I'd like to give a shout-out to St. Anthony, who once again came through for me with the finding of the lost items. I found the MLA jewelry and the map of Philadelphia in the SAME PLACE. That makes no sense, none at all. I totally believe in divine intervention. Or maybe this was a case of blogging the lost ala Profgrrrrl?). (In addition I also paid some bills.) Going to get oil-change now. I suspect I can be on the road by 1:30.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

and yet you're still blogging.... ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I wish I lived close enough to drive and bring my own man-kitties! Although I can imagine it just adds another layer of preparation to the whole thing.

Instead I have to fly and get stuck in Las Vegas for the night because the airport I was flying into was closed. But that was kind of cool. Now I'm airported out, though.

I also have a hard time finding my conferenc-y jewelry because I never wear it otherwise. It's kind of my "professorly" style, but not really *my* style, if that makes any sense.

Anonymous said...

I think that Neg-Cap just answered my question, which was exactly what "MLA jewelry" might be--I was thinking that maybe you meant you had a special nametag neckstrap, or something (and don't laugh, because I actually do--I went to a conference a couple of years ago that had really nice ones, and I saved it since I hate those dumb elastic strings). But I'm guessing that you just mean conference-appropriate jewelry? That you don't otherwise wear?

Eddie said...

Wow, an hour and a half late is not bad at all! :-)

Anonymous said...

Next time imagine when you would like to be at your Mom's then add three hours, which is when you tell her you willactually be there. If and when you are early, she will be so delighted & believe yo have become a grown-up after all.

Happy hols,

TR