1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog. Check.
2. Share 7 random and/or weird things about yourself. Brace yourselves.
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs. I'm totally not doing this, as I feel like everybody has already been tagged. So, if you've not been tagged, consider yourself tagged.
4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog. See my rule-breaking behavior re: #3.
- My favorite word in all of D.H. Lawrence's writing is "cockaloopy."
- When I was 7, I had these swimming lessons, and at the end of the lessons there was like this swimming exhibition where we got to show what we learned. As each group went, the instructors would afterwards give everybody candy. My group didn't get to go because they were running short on time, and the instructor gave us candy anyway. Not only was I upset because I didn't get to show off my swimming in the exhibition thingie, but I was utterly inconsolable because I'd been rewarded when I'd done nothing. The tears, they flowed freely.
- When I was 10 years old, I really thought that I would grow up and be a fashion designer. Huh.
- "To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal/ Light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle" - indeed, I still know all of the lyrics to "Ice, Ice Baby," as well as to other classics like the Beastie Boys' "Paul Revere" and Candyman's "Knockin' Boots."
- I can cook in more than five ethnic traditions.
- I have a dimple on each shoulder, and more than once people, given the right lighting, have thought that one or the other was a smudge of dirt.
- I cannot resist a made-for-tv movie. Right now, I'm watching one on the Oxygen network about high society African-Americans on Martha's Vineyard in the 1950s and their daughter who wants to marry a white musician. It is awesome.