Indeed, for I am feeling such a general sense of wellbeing and happiness that I feel like I should share it all with you. Why, you ask? Well, most of it's actually work-related, but there are some other things as well.
1. I'm done with grading one of the three classes, and well on my way to being done with a second. This is astonishing, as normally I put grading off until the last possible moment. Somehow I'm on top of things.
2. The course that I've been fretting over for next semester - the brand new course that I feared would not make its minimum enrollment - seems to be out of danger (commence knocking wood and crossing fingers now). But so yes, it looks like I shall indeed be able to go ahead with it, and that means I can now allow myself to get excited.
3. I got my hair cut and colored (for indeed, the going darker thing? Yeah, not really for me, so now it's brighter and I immediately look less washed out, which is a very good thing, as people have been telling me lately that I "look tired" which really is not the response I'm going for).
4. A Favorite Student, who is graduating, slipped a letter for me into his batch of reaction papers that I collected, and let me just say, it made me feel warm and fuzzy indeed. I wish that I could quote it here, but I feel like that wouldn't be a cool thing to do. Suffice it to say that even though I've been known to question whether my work here is appreciated, it is appreciated and it's appreciated by the only people who really count to me, my students. I am going to miss this student *so much* for he's really been just a bright spot in every class that he's taken with me.
5. Even though I've been a wee bit crazy lately, things are actually really awesome with me in the non-work life. Must remember not to be crazy in the way of a person who sabotages herself so that things can continue to be awesome.
I suppose that's all for now. Oh! Except for that the Man-Kitty has been exceptionally adorable and so perhaps you might like to see what he's been up to? Of course you would. So here is a picture of my adorable little kitty-cat, who has been very supportive and wonderful in recent weeks. (And sure, I realize that he's not *really* being supportive but rather just doing his own thing and I'm anthropomorphizing him, but whatever. It's time for a Man-Kitty picture in any case. And yes, this is one of his preferred positions for hanging out.)
2 years ago