Ok, so before I get to the why of it all (for there is a why of it, and it's a lame why) here's what I've been doing:
1. Counseling friends about their love-lives. (An activity that I enjoy, even though clearly I am no expert in this area so all friends should be very suspicious of all advice that is dispensed.)
2. Counseling my mom about the job that she hates. (Something I've been doing since I was like 10? She always hates her jobs.)
3. Writing in my journal, having deep introspective thoughts about the state of my soul, etc. This is a lot more fun than it sounds.
4. Laying out. Yep, you've got it: I've been lying beneath the rays of the hot sun so as to roast myself like a rotisserie chicken and to turn a nice golden brown color. I have almost, after approximately 5 straight days dedicated to lying poolside, achieved "Tannest Woman Alive" (for me, which isn't really all that tan, as I'm not olive-skinned) status.
5. Reading books about Eastern European country that I'm visiting in just one week's time! Also making many lists of what I might like to pack for said trip. Also wondering what it will be like to go on said trip without good-friend-who-doubles-as-my-conference-boyfriend at this conference every two years.
6. As of yesterday, beginning to write conference paper for conference that I will go to in just one week's time!
7. Editing duties for the mini-journal, which go along as well as can be expected I suppose.
8. Drinking wine, in preparation for my trip to Eastern European country that I will visit in just one week's time! (A nice healthy tolerance for alcohol is of great use for the conference that I will attend.)
9. Reading Chelsea Handler's book My Horizontal Life - hilarious!
10. Trying to learn imperative words in Eastern European language before my trip. (So far, I know yes and no. Also, I do know the word for underwear in this language because I am descended from people who come from this country. Why "underwear" is the word that has been passed down through the ages, I do not know. However, for a girl like me, I'm thinking that it might come in handy?)
But if you really want to know why I've not blogged, it's because I'm a dork who accesses the internets through her university, and my university's server or system or whatever has decided that it will not let anybody access any blogspot blogs or the blogger site. No, I'm not kidding. Apparently they are "working on the problem." And so I've been keeping up with people's posts through bloglines (as I am very resourceful) and forcing myself to take a break from blogging thinking that it would be good for me. I knew that I had enough of this break when I had a dream about blogging last night and a couple of nights ago.
I hope all is well in blogworld, and I certainly hope that I will be able to blog more frequently in days and weeks to come. I definitely will try to blog at least once from Eastern European Country (henceforth known as EEC). Oh, and I should note my travel plans in June more concretely here: I'm flying out of Hometown, as my Man-Kitty stays with his grandparents for long trips, so I head there on Tuesday. Then I leave for EEC, and I return on June 16. Then I'll be in Hometown for like a week, and then I head to Grad School City to visit my best friend from grad school who will be turning 40. Then I head back to Hometown, and if I'm not teaching in July, I stay there through the 4th, but if I AM teaching in July, I leave to return to my current location to be ready to start teaching. Whew! So it's going to be a busy month, and I'm pretty excited. Of course, I may end up in negative dollars by the end of it, but this is no matter. One must live for today without worrying about petty things like finances.
5 years ago