Tuesday, November 25, 2008

T-2 Hours

Ummm, I haven't done a lot of things. In part, I blame the trip to the vet to attempt (note the word attempt) to get the kitties' nails clipped. Mr. Stripey? Totally into it. No problems there. Anyone can manhandle him without any complaints from him.

The Man-Kitty? Er, things didn't go so well. He defeated not one, not two, but three vet techs. Apparently, he feels that he must have weapons for the coming days.

The problem isn't so much that he has claws - whatever - but rather that other people don't seem to understand his boundaries. Neither he nor Mr. Stripey ever scratch me, so I don't think about the claw issue. Except when other people might be around the cats for an extended period of time. Whatever. FB will just have to watch his step around the Man-Kitty of the house.

6 comments:

life_of_a_fool said...

That is hilarious. Man-Kitty knows FB is on his way!

k8 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
k8 said...

I think you revealed a kitty name in your post.

Dr. Crazy said...

Thanks for the heads up K8. He really does value his pseudonymity :)

Dame Eleanor Hull said...

Three words: Towel. Cat treats. In the beginning it may take one treat per claw and less than one paw per session, but I have trained several cats to put up with claw-clipping with reasonable docility. The usual exchange at my house is one treat per foot. If we lived nearer I'd offer to come over and do the Man-Kitty for you.

Dr. Crazy said...

Thanks for the tips, people, but I've tried the towel/treats thing, and he is just not having it from me. The Man-Kitty doesn't really like to be held (a) or really even touched (b) for more than 45 seconds at a time. And those three vet techs he defeated? It was three at once.