Wednesday, November 19, 2008

In Which I Curse My Choice to Teach Things I Research

So I got the acceptance for a spring conference today (yay, though not like a tremendous yay because it's not entirely unexpected) and I thought, "Hey, I don't feel like prepping for class! I don't feel like grading! How's about I dust off that abstract and do some preliminary researchy things!"

Dude, like EVERY book I'd want to check out of our library about my topic has already been checked out by my diligent students who are apparently beginning their papers for me three full weeks before they are due.

I suppose I should be happy? Indeed, I am happy. But this also means that I really do need to grade and/or prep. Harrumph.

3 comments:

Sisyphus said...

Hooray for the acceptance! And for your diligent students!

I haven't done any work today either, if that makes you feel any better.

JaneB said...

Hey, at least they're reading! Wish mine did... when 10 copies of the module text book are still on the shelf and an assignment is due tomorrow and you know full well that two thirds of the class did not buy the textbook (it's not required here), well, you do start to become a little weary...

Historiann said...

Thanks for the warning. Just when we think we've got it all figured out...!

Historiann.com