Monday, December 31, 2007

Ah, Home....

Well. With the Man-Kitty in tow, I made it back to my messier-than-I-remember-having-left-it apartment, and I have oodles about which to write, including MLA (socializing, and one panel in particular that I attended, and also some more general thoughts about hierarchies in lit. studies), various Christmastime visiting (family, friends), plans for the New Year (the meme that's going around, other thoughts I had on my 4 hour drive today) and yes. So, if I were to post about all of that tonight, I imagine I'd write approximately 6-8 lengthy blog posts. Clearly, that won't be happening, so I'll probably save the MLA-state-of-the-profession-visiting posts for later and content myself with some New Year's posting this evening, as I spend the evening decompressing, not speaking, and drinking champagne with my kitty-cat. I had plans about going to the grocery store today so as to be properly outfitted for the "healthy eating" resolution, but I think I'm just going to go to the liquor store and order some takeout of some kind. Because what the hell - I may as well send the year out with a bang. More later, readers. Much, much more.

5 comments:

Compson said...

Happy New Year! I'll be passing it with champagne (and Chambord) as well.

zombieswan said...

Whole bottle of champagne and Chinese takeout is in MY future. :) Sadly, no kitties to share it with but I do have obnoxious children who might curl up on my lap at some point. Especially if I give them a fortune cookie.

Can't wait to hear the MLA stuff.

Belle said...

Champagne for one calls for really good champers, I have don't have that. However, the Bailey's will combat the overall chill nicely.

Have a great new year, and give man kitty one of whatever his favorite scratch is - on my behalf.

Sisyphus said...

It's so funny --- I totally hear you now! IN-deed.

The meet-up was great and so were the other chats/updates/bitching fests. Must do again!

Dr. Crazy said...

Belle,
I'm so low-rent that any champagne counts as good champagne to me. It's really a sickness. But Bailey's does sound delicious :) And I did give the Man-Kitty a scratch on your behalf - on his belly, as is a favorite location - pics of him with the antler/udders will be forthcoming in the coming days :)

Sis - Of COURSE you understand now why I feel like NYE should be spent decompressing! And it was great to meet you, too, and of course we shall do it again!