- The 5 Days of grueling committee work is DONE. I love my smaller group within the committee. We rule. As for the committee as a whole, well, I believe everybody had their hearts in the right place, even if I think the work my smaller group did rules more.
- Apparently I have a future both in voice-over work and as a professional power-point presenter. Who knew?
- I volunteered to be on the Next Grueling Committee. Yes, I'm a dummy.
- I talked to BES tonight, who confessed she's been reading my blog religiously since I revealed it to her (which I knew she would, so it was hilarious that she felt like this was a confession) but she also wanted to let people know that what I said about forcing students to be mentored is, from her experience, exactly what I do, and that it works. In other news, BES ROCKED her GREs, and she deserves congratulations. I also informed her that if she was going to be reading over here she should also be commenting over here, so if you see BES, yep, that is exactly who you think it is.
- I told a colleague about the blog. The reveal happened in part because we knew somebody in common, but seriously, I'd figured I'd tell her for a long time. Anyway, welcome to colleague friend who's probably reading!
- What else? I don't know. I'm fried from the committee I've been serving on. At some point I'll talk about it, but at this point it's too close to the process. So since I'm fried, I'll just shut up for now. Suffice it to say I'm so glad I volunteered to serve for this. A SUPER experience. SUPER.
5 years ago