Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Wednesday Already?

I think I'm seeing a pattern to how the blogging is likely to go this semester. Saturday-Monday will be heavy, for I shall have the energy of the weekend to spur me on to ever greater blogging heights, while Tuesday-Friday will be lighter, as I will be freaking exhausted and boring :)

One of the reasons I've not had a huge amount to say during the week though is because most of what's been taking my time has been unbloggable. Not because it's bad or anything, but rather because it's about stupid bureaucratic crap and committee work and departmental goings on and college-wide goings on and I don't like to blog at length or in detail about any of that because the point of this here blog is not to talk about my institution behind its back. I'd much rather talk about my institution to its face and think about lofty things like the state of the humanities when I blog.

Of course, things like thinking about the state of the humanities take a great deal of energy, so there we are.

But so I actually do have a real post I'd like to do, though, so I think I'm going to end this update-y one and make an actual real post. I will note that I have the energy for this because I have officially become my mother and I was fast asleep by 10 PM last night. According to the caller ID, I took no calls during my slumber, I am happy to report.

No comments: