Friday, September 19, 2008

Binder, Done

No, really. It's done. I was going to take a picture of it, but then I realized that it would just look like a picture of a big honking binder with a bunch of plastic sleeves inside of it. Not exactly the most exciting of photographs.

I feel like I should have something profound to say about being done with it, but honestly I'm just annoyed because everybody's out of the dept. office and it's locked and they won't be back until 2:30, so I have to wait around to turn the thing in. It's not technically due until Monday, but I decided I couldn't bear the idea of having it hanging over my head over the weekend. Nah, I'm pleased enough with it, and I feel like I'm done, so I'm done. I'm turning it in, and that will be that.

My mentor was fantastic when we met about the binder yesterday. Just a few teensy suggestions, but really it ended up being a meeting where we talked about how I've done here, my career plans, etc. Awesome, awesome.

So once I can turn this stupid 400-lb. gorilla in, I'm off to the grocery store to by healthy and nutritious foods that I can cook. The time for excuses is done: I've got to get back to eating in a reasonable way and to exercising regularly. Everything went to hell in a handbasket between the book and the article and the travels and the tenure binder. Time for me to get back on top of it and to focus on me, me, me and not work, work, work.

So yeah. Those are my thoughts on this sunny day that I'm not out in because I'm in my stupid windowless office waiting to turn in a thing that's not technically due for three days. I suppose I could go to the grocery store, then stop back here to turn in the binder, and then go home. That just seems like something I don't feel like doing, though. Hmmm.

6 comments:

Hilaire said...

Wow, congrats on being done with the binder. It'll feel so great to hand it to them!

Belle said...

It's Done! It's Done! It's Done! It's Done! Do yourself a happy dance in the sun, take the weekend off and congratulations!!!!! It's Done!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the binder (I be doing that next year, so it's kind of exciting for some reason).

K said...

Yay, that's great! I think cooking a special meal is the perfect way to celebrate, so I hope you find lots of goodies at the store.

Mel said...

awesome! congrats on finishing the binder! and definitely, take some time for yourself this weekend!

Nik said...

Congratulations! When it's been through all the committees and has received all the signatures, will you send it my way? Binder-compilation isn't my strong suit.