Monday, April 17, 2006

A Controversy That Might Make Me Some Cash

This will be one of those posts in which I try to be somewhat cryptic because it's not just about me but about something that is going on in my department and doesn't only involve me and so I don't want to say anything inappropriate.

[Edited to make post even more cryptic, as upon reviewing it, I think it was too obvious still.] Administrators would like for someone (i.e., me) to take on the responsibility of meeting with a colleague's class for the next two weeks. I would not have to grade. I immediately asked my chair what was in it for me. I told my chair that I would only do it if I were paid at least $100 per class (i.e., like $50/hr). The truth is, I wouldn't consider doing it at all except for the fact that an extra $200 would be well spent on new clothes/shoes for my anticipated trip to Hungary. And I resolve, here and now, to say no if any of the terms of the agreement change, or if I am not compensated as mentioned above. I may be a whore, but I've got to draw the line somewhere.

1 comment:

blithering moron said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.