You may wonder where Mr. Stripey is during all of this. Yeah, he typically is relaxing on the cool floor of either the kitchen or the bathroom. Much in the attitude of this guy:
His morning rituals are fairly simple in comparison with those of my older and much more vocal cat. Sometimes he will chase something not visible to human eyes and make squeaking and chirping noises, but then he returns to the standard reclining position. It is the way of him.
But so anyway, today is the official kick-off to the fall semester, and I'm considering whether I want to go to all of the day's festivities, or whether I'll just make my appearance after lunch. On the one hand, going to the Morning Thing could be good.... I expect some important things will be said about the budget, and about the Major Curriculum Issue that I'm involved with. I also know, however, that all of this will be available to read by tomorrow, and so I don't actually need to go in order to find out exactly what was said. In contrast, the after lunch stuff won't be publicized, so that I fully intend to show up for.
Hmm. I suppose I'll see how I feel in an hour.
In other news, I need to:
- Do laundry.
- Do crap around the house.
- Clean out my email.
- Finish revisions on that essay.
- Begin reading for my grad class.
- Call freaking IT and get the appropriate credentials (gah) to copy stuff from one course shell to another in Blackboard. I hate technology.
- Buy food and litter for the felines.
- Continue to consider what I'm going to have done to my hair on Monday at my back-to-school hair appointment. I am considering lowlights, as I feel as if my hair is looking too drab and bleached out after the summer. I know, exciting.
- Make grocery list and go to the grocery store.
- Get with the program in terms of diet and exercise, as I have many fitness goals for the fall semester.
Well, this has been a frivolous and boring post. Whatever. It's early, and I'm tired.