Friday, March 13, 2009

Work Expands to Fill the Time You Give It (One Hopes)

It is just after 2PM on the Friday of my spring break. I have accomplished nearly nothing. I have not graded, I have not worked on my R&R, I have not dealt with stuff for the CTTCCFPD, I have not begun work on April Conference Paper. I have managed to straighten up the living room and to do laundry. I have also been sick.

Pathetic.

I'll be checking in here regularly with annoying updates about my accomplishments from this point forward. I need to feel like I am accountable to something, and the blog will have to serve. Ignore all posts between now and next week if you don't want to be bored stiff.

2 comments:

Good Enough Woman said...

Well now at least I know that you're human! Your current status reflects my reality 99% of the days of my life. Good luck getting caught up.

jennyfields said...

I feel the same way right now. It's 6pm on the beginning of my Spring Break. I DID go to a 9am class, a job interview across town and pay my bills. However, then I went to sleep for 3 hours. Now I'm reading blogs...instead of working on my thesis in order to turn in a completed draft on the 24th. It feels pretty sweet right now but I'm going to wish I had utilized those few hours when it comes down to the wire. I have to pick up BF in two hours and it doesn't even feel worth it to try and start writing anything.

Blah.

I did accept an offer to chair the American panel at my first conference in a couple weeks. That should count for something.

Undergrad/Grad conferences are so training wheels. I love it.