Saturday, June 21, 2008

Oh, That Music Meme

I think that Caro tagged me for it first. I think some others have also tagged me, though I'm not certain. The point is, I really need to do this meme. Now, I've been procrastinating because I've felt like I'm not really "into" a bunch of songs right now. I blame the summer teaching. But then I thought to myself, well, I do have a set of things I love in summer, and I have been listening to those quite a bit, as well as some others. So anyway, here we are with 7 songs, though I'm not sure how committed to them I am :)


The rules are these:

List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they’re not any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying now, shaping your spring summer. Post these instructions in your blog along with your seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see what they’re listening to.


  1. "Skinny Love" - Bon Iver. (Really, though, I'm in love with the whole album. Also check out "Flume" "For Emma" and "Re: Stacks," especially.)
  2. Concrete Sky - Beth Orton
  3. Price of Gas - Bloc Party
  4. Time Running - Tegan and Sara
  5. The Jump off - Lil' Kim
  6. Stir It Up = Bob Marley
  7. Hey Hey What Can I Do - Led Zeppelin
(The last two are totally summer classics that I love every summer. I cannot help it. Actually though, you know what says summer to me, in my Ohio girl's heart? The Steve Miller Band. Really, there's no need for other music from about May to October if you've got The Steve Miller Band's Greatest Hits. Even if you know better. Totally. Though you could also throw in some Doobie Brothers and Little River Band for good measure, and you'd be smooth sailing. If you really wanted to put the icing on the cake, though, you could also include some America. Just saying.)

3 comments:

AAYOR said...

Dude. That last paragraph? Yah. We grew up in the same state.

America.

LMAO.

My parents freakin' love America.

Dr. Crazy said...

Dude, everybody from Ohio loves America :)

Can I just note that in one of my Most Awesome Summers Ever (with the Glorious A.) we saw Steve Miller WITH the Doobies a BLOSSOM! How AWESOME WAS THAT!

(Although there was some pilfered gin from my mom's liquor cabinet, and a whole episode where I had to abandon A. on top of a stranger's car so that I could search for my car, but whatever. The DOOBIES! And STEVE MILLER!)

Anonymous said...

east coast west coast world wide