Well, Chris over at Wind Farm tagged me for this, and since it's pretty easy, I thought to myself, "Self, do this little meme-y thing! It is easy! It's more fun than prep or grading!" But then I now am thinking that I wonder if there ARE five things people don't know about me - I mean, I've been blogging a pretty long time....
But yes, there must be. So here it goes.
1. Once upon a time, I was a finalist for the National High School Journalist of the year award. That was back when I believed that writing could change the world.
2. The first thing that I ever wanted to be when I grew up was a cartoon. No lie.
3. Halloween is my least favorite holiday. Thanksgiving is my most favorite. I am considering moving to France, where they have declared the holiday that is Halloween "dead." Apparently the French do not like the crass commercialism of this American holiday. I can't say I blame them.
4. If I'm on the phone with a friend, and if someone calls on the other line with whom I'd rather talk, I will often tell phone-friend #1 that it's my mom on the phone and that I have to take the call. Sometimes this is true, but more often it is a total lie. a) I have no idea why I don't just get off the phone if I don't want to talk to phone-friend #1 and b) why do I lie about it being my mom on the phone? Isn't that lame? (Though I did do something similar as a kid when I didn't want to play with my friends who lived in the house behind me - I'd tell them that "I have to go somewhere with my mom" and so couldn't play. This, too, was a dumb lie, as they could tell that we didn't leave the house, I'd imagine. Also, "go somewhere" is a bit vague, you know? Clearly I'm a crappy liar.)
5. My confirmation name is Susannah.
(I KNOW nobody knows #5 - I think the only person who might remember that besides me and my mom is like my 8th grade boyfriend, who, incidentally, did not choose a different name for his confirmation name, which I felt at the time was tremendously lame. My First Love's confirmation name is Angelo... maybe the fact that I remember that about him means that he remembers my confirmation name, too? Clearly we must have exchanged this information at some point when we were 15 or 16 years old.... Maybe I will ask him about that the next time we talk....)
I am so tired I might die. Even after treating myself with a venti latte this morning. (Oh, and that treat was a reward because I've lost 10 lbs. since the beginning of the school year! Yippee! I may actually reach my Christmastime (and MLA) goal weight!) And I'm kind of hungry, but it is too early for lunch. Maybe I will eat my string cheese.
9 years ago