Tuesday, August 29, 2006

It's only the Tuesday of week 2 of my semester, and already I do not want to teach. I'm not in the mood to lead discussion, to interest students in the material, to lecture. Of course, I will do these things, and it will probably be great, but I'm in an f-u-n-k. I blame....
  1. PMS
  2. Horrible allergies
  3. Humidity
  4. Rain
  5. Not being used to the amount of people I have to interact with during the academic year. It is exhausting.
But so now I need to figure out what I'm doing in my classes. And maybe have a snack? And maybe some caffeine to perk me up? (Perhaps part of the problem with my motivation to teach today is the texts that we're covering today, which all fall under the heading "pre-theory literary criticism." I really think that it's good to teach these things, but the material is a little... dry.)

No comments: