Sunday, November 29, 2009

Time to Stop Relaxing and to Head into the Home Stretch

So, I've been basically powered down since Wednesday. The Thanksgiving meal was unbelievable, though there was some drama with my parents which I could have done without. (Long story short: I think that G.'s health ain't great and that he's not taking care of himself properly, but since he likes to be secretive about such things, well, drama.) In other news, I've basically spent the past 3 days resting, watching TV, and napping. I've been disconnected from blogs, from facebook, from the news, and even from the phone, for the most part. I think that this was a much-needed break that will energize me for the coming end of the semester.

So today, I awakened after 10 hours of sleep (that's right - 10) and I've got things to do.

1. Grading.
2. Make list of things to accomplish this week.
3. Finalize a couple of syllabi and send them off to my dept. curriculum committee for review.
4. Scheduled chat with online class.
5. Laundry (though this may wait until tomorrow).
6. Pay bills (probably tomorrow morning).
7. Prep for classes this week.
8. Make arrangements for summer conference (tomorrow morning, most likely).
9. Put up Christmas tree and nativity.
10. Maybe make list for Christmas cards. Maybe.

Oh, and my favorite crap Lifetime movie is airing at noon - A. called this morning to alert me to this. I shall watch it while catching up with grading. Huzzah!

I really can't wait for this semester to be done. I've been in a funk for this whole semester, I feel like, and I'm sick of it. Actually, I'm sick of this whole stinking year. Time for this year to be done and to move on to bigger and better things.

2 comments:

The History Enthusiast said...

I like that movie too :)

Janice said...

I love that movie -- she's about my favourite young actress out there and it was a fun, slightly subversive storyline.

This time of year I miss having the timing of American Thanksgiving. Canadian Thanksgiving is too darned early to do me any good. On the other hand, you've got a lot better travelling weather in October, here, than in late November!