Thursday, August 21, 2008

Deja Vu All Over Again

I am attempting to motivate myself (read: drinking coffee) to get ready (read: slap on some clothes and make sure I have a notebook for doodling with me) to go to a "retreat" (read: day-long meeting at which nothing will be accomplished) at which the primary item on the agenda is, wait for it, the exact same agenda item that was featured during my first year at this job at a similar retreat.

I suppose one benefit of this do-over is that it does confirm that nothing is actually accomplished at these retreats.

In other news, I'm feeling awfully sniffly, in spite of allergy meds. I think I might have a summer cold. It would figure, wouldn't it?

1 comment:

~profgrrrrl~ said...

Welcome the to the world of retreat. Make no mistake -- the closeness to the word "repeat" is not an accident.

Good luck surviving.