Monday, June 18, 2007

My Name is Dr. Crazy, and I'm a Procrastinator

Even when I know I can't afford to be one, apparently. Sure, I made many detailed lists, but then I felt kind of exhausted by that and so decided that what I really needed to do was to go to the mall. So I spent a couple of hours shopping, and then I came home, and then I got sucked into an "Engaged and Underage" marathon on MTV, and then I talked to A., and now, here we are, at 6 PM, and I've accomplished absolutely nothing that I need to accomplish.

And there are things that I want to write about but I don't exactly know how to write about them in this space. Part of the problem is that I don't know what I actually think about the things I want to write about, and part of the problem is that I'm not sure what is appropriate to reveal about what's going on with me, as it involves others. Hmmm. I need to find a way to abstract what's preoccupying me so that I can write about it here - otherwise this promises to be the most boring blog in the world for approximately the next month or so. But so anyway, suffice it to say that I do have material - I just don't know how to translate it into something that will be of interest to others or in any way entertaining. I'm hoping that I get some inspiration when I begin work in earnest on my conference paper tomorrow.

1 comment:

negativecapability said...

We are always watching the same shit on TV. It's Uncanny.