Wednesday, May 03, 2006

I'm It! I'm It!

Adenostoma over at "What an Untenured College Professor Shouldn't Be Doing" tagged me for this meme (and, since you mentioned it, Adenostoma, I think I came upon your blog for the first time last week or the week before, and so you're not yet on my blogroll, but yes, you're on my blog-reading radar - and now you'll be on everybody else's, too! :) ) So now, on to the meme!

I am eating a scone from Starbucks (thus rendering my workout from yesterday null and void).
I want a boyfriend. How lame is that? But I feel like I've got most other things....
I wish that I could stop time, thus allowing me to hang out and relax for as long as I wanted and then to start time back up when it was time to get work done - in other words, I want no consequences for procrastination.
I hate people who, when they find out that I'm an English professor, say they'll have to "watch their grammar" around me.
I love my family and my kitty-cat.
I miss my little grandma who died a couple of years ago.
I fear walking over bridges and/or driving over big long bridges. You wouldn't think this would be a big problem in the Midwest, but in my current location I've gotten "lucky."
I hear the sound of my fingers tapping on the keyboard. Otherwise, all is silent.
I wonder what my cat thinks about when left to his own devices. I mean, sure, he thinks about food and napping and grooming and stuff, but I wonder what else he thinks about (if anything).
I regret not having studied abroad in college. I know - how lame! - but for real, that's the first thing that comes to mind when I think about "regrets." Oh, and the second is going to graduate school and racking up debt during the boom economy of the mid-to-late '90s. Smart about finances, I am not.
I am not getting my work done, obviously!
I dance whenever the mood strikes and sometimes with my Man-Kitty, though he doesn't really like it.
I sing in the car, at home, in my office, all the time. I like singing.
I cry when I watch The Ghost Whisperer. Don't mock: if you watch the show, you too will find your inner cry-baby.
I am not always good at doing what's best for myself.
I make with my hands things to eat. I'm totally not crafty, so other than that, who knows.
I write too many negative comments on student papers and not enough positive ones.
I confuse being flattered with being loved/respected. Not all of the time, but it's something I've got to be really careful about.
I need to clean my house.
I should finish grading and tabulate final grades for my writing courses.
I start my vacation from teaching on Monday!
I finish my vacation from teaching on July 3 (sigh)
I tag whoever in the free world who hasn't done this yet, though I suspect everybody has.

2 comments:

Addy N. said...

Hey Dr. Crazy: Great list! I'm surprised that nobody got to you before I did! I also wonder what my cat does when I'm not around- although I suspect she sleeps most of the time (she's 13 years old). I also wonder what she thinks about- last night she was staring at me from across the room while I watched a movie.

Thanks for increasing my blog traffic with the link- I was surprised to see that I have 28 hits already today (which is a lot for my blog). Take care!

StyleyGeek said...

I hate people saying they'll have to watch their grammar around me, too. I wonder who gets that line more -- English profs or linguists.

I especially hate it when people decide to tell me about how badly the English language has gone down the drain and how it is being terribly abused by the younger generation and what am I going to do about it? Because linguists are language police, you know.