Monday, March 13, 2006

Spring Break - Over :(

And of course it was no break at all, as I said on Friday. And my article isn't done (though it's close - maybe 75% of the way there). And I'm not sure what else to write. I've decided that I don't feel like blogging against sexism now, so perhaps I'll just table that until the next blogging against sexism day. I know, I suck. I really should grade like 4000 things, but I'm not going to do any grading until the afternoon. I really should do some other things as well, but I'm very lazy. I think what I'm going to do is to go and get myself some coffee.

Before I do that, though, I'm going to update you on my wild and crazy adventures in internet dating. 1. The businessman actually sent me a note! And I thought that it was the lamest date ever, and I didn't think that I'd ever hear from him again! He said he'd been out of town on - you guessed it - business. Hmm. I don't really know whether to contact him again or not. 2. I'm in talks with the Chemist guy. Turns out he's got his PhD and is working on a post-doc. And he's funny. And... yeah, I don't know. He has a crappy name though. I think I'll have to rename him if we go out. I hope that he understands.

I've got nothing else to report. I am the most boring person in the world this morning. I blame all of the work-related angst and writing.

3 comments:

Charles Montgomery said...

A lovely article on being over-picky on dates---

occasioned by the "renaming" comment

;-)

For some reason I couldn't get my target=_"blank" tag to work..

Unknown said...

but what about the computer guy??? i had high hopes for him (heh). i am married to a man named frank. i had serious issues when i first met him, as to me "frank" should be about 70, and wear white comfortable old man sneakers. and a white cap. and live in florida.

Dena Marie said...

Dr.C -

I've been following your blog for a while and have really enjoyed it. I'm a fellow English instructor and have also been doing the online dating thing, so we can commiserate.

http://spaces.msn.com/divineid/

Dena Marie